August 28th @ 12 pm PT
Join Fix Democracy First, WA Indivisible Network & League of Women Voters of WA for a statewide virtual non-partisan event to stand up for voting rights! We will have lots of great speakers and music, including:
- MC – Rebecca M. Davis
- Music from Cameron Lavi-Jones & band members from King Youngblood
- Music from Songs for Good
- Senator Rebecca Saldaña – WA LD 37
- Senator Mona Das – WA LD 47
- Senator David Frockt – WA LD 46
- Representative Mia Gregerson – WA LD 33
- Former WA Representative Jesse Wineberry
- Julie Wise – King County Elections Director
- Crystal Langhorne – Director of Community Relations, Seattle Storm & two-time WNBA champion
- Paul Benz – Co-director of Faith Action Network
- Plus Special Video Messages from Martin Luther King, III & Reverend Terrance McKinley, Director of Racial Justice and Mobilizing, Sojourners
The John R. Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act will restore critical provisions of the Voting Rights Act gutted by the Supreme Court. The bill will help stem the rush of attacks on voting rights across the country by ensuring that states with a recent history of voter discrimination are once again subject to federal oversight.
March On for Voting Rights will call on the Senate to pass the John R. Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act and the For the People Act. Saturday, August 28th, millions will join the March On for Voting Rights in D.C., Phoenix, Atlanta, Houston, Miami and more than 40 other cities across the country to make their voices heard. We will also call for the Senate to remove the filibuster as a roadblock to critical voting rights legislation.
That’s why, on August 28, 2021, Washington State is joining Washington D.C., Atlanta, Miami, Houston, Phoenix and other cities across America to March On For Voting Rights!